Monday, June 9, 2008

spelling word

This is one of my spelling words this week (my last week of school!!):
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
HELP!!!! Anyone know what it means?

6 comments:

julie said...

Are you serious?!!! Gma.

Gina Hallam said...

ok, this is how I spell that word... holy moly girl... supercalifragilisticexpealidocious :) I probably spelled that one wrong too :) It's a medical term I know that :)

Gina Hallam said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

There's the website you can look up for a definition :) It's a form of lung disease :) Good luck on that word and your last week of school.

Genelle said...

C'mon Akayla! You got your smarts from me, you can figure it out!

Joella Kingsbury said...

Hi. I don't know if you remember me but I was a friend of your moms in New Plymouth. It means: an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.

ACTA said...

I guess that's why my teacher chose it....since it's the longest word in the English language. He also had us do antidisestablishmentarianism and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (I don't even think that's how to spell that one!) Akayla